Friday, August 4, 2017

RESOLVING AN APPARENT CONTRADICTION

THE WORD OF GOD CLEARLY STATES:

*  John 1:18 - "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him."

*  1 John 4:12 - "No man hath seen God at any time.  If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us."

AND YET, THE WORD ALSO SAYS:

*  Genesis 32:30 - "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel:  for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

*  Genesis 33:10 - "And Jacob said, Nay, I pray Thee, if now I have found grace in Thy sight, then receive my present at my hand:  for therefore I have seen Thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and Thou wast pleased with me."

*  Judges 13:22 - "And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God."

*  1 Kings 22:19 - "And he said, Hear thou therefore the Word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right hand and on His left."

*  Job 19:25-26 - "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:  and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God!"

*  Amos 9:1 - "I saw the LORD standing upon the altar:  and He said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake:  and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword:  he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered."

*  Matthew 5:8 - "Blessed are the pure in heart:  for they shall see God."

*  John 20:18-20 - "Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things unto her.  Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.  And when He had so said, He showed unto them His hands and His side.  Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord."

*  John 20:25-29 - "The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe.  And after eight days again His disciples were within, and Thomas with them:  then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.  Then saith He to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold My hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into My side: and be not faithless, but believing.  And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed:  blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

*  Acts 9:27 - "But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.

*  Hebrews 12:14 - "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."

THE OLD TESTAMENT SPEAKS OF CHRISTOPHANIES;
THE NEW TESTAMENT IS REFERRING TO JESUS AS GOD INCARNATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment