Saturday, August 5, 2017

THE "I AM" OF THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS

THE LORD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT
*  Genesis 15:7 - "And he said unto him, I AM the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it."
*  Genesis 28:13 - "And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I AM the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac:  the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed."
*  Exodus 3:14 - "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
*  Isaiah 43:3 - "For I AM the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:  I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee."
*  Jeremiah 9:24 - "But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me, that I AM the LORD which exercise loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth:   for in these things I delight, saith the LORD."
*  Ezekiel 16:62 - "And I will establish My covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I AM the LORD."
*  Hosea 13:4 - "Yet I AM the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but Me:  for there is no saviour beside Me."
*  Joel 2:27 - "And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I AM the LORD your God, and none else:  and My people shall never be ashamed."
*  Zechariah 10:6 - "And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them:  and they shall be as though I had not cast them off:  for I AM the LORD their God, and will hear them."
*  Malachi 3:6 - "For I AM the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

IS ALSO THE LORD OF THE NEW TESTAMENT
*  John 6:48 - "I AM that bread of life."
*  John 8:12 - "I AM the light of the world."
*  John 8:58 - "Before Abraham was, I AM."
*  John 10:7 - "I AM the door of the sheep."
*  John 10:11 - "I AM the good shepherd."
*  John 10:36 - "I AM the Son of God."
*  John 11:25 - "I AM the resurrection, and the life."
*  John 13:13 - "Ye call Me Master and Lord:  and ye say well; for so I AM."
*  John 14:6 - "I AM the way, the truth, and the life."
*  John 15:1 - "I AM the true vine."
*  John 18:5-6 - "They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I AM.  And Judas also, which betrayed Him, stood with them.  As soon then as He had said unto them, I AM, they went backward, and fell to the ground." [Note:  "he" after "I AM" is not in the original text!]
*  John 19:21 - "I AM King of the Jews."
*  Acts 9:5 - "And he said, Who art thou, Lord?  And the Lord said, I AM Jesus Whom thou persecutes."  ]Note:  See also Acts 22:8 and 26:15]
*  Revelation 1:8 - "I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending."
*  Revelation 1:11 - "I AM Alpha and Omega, the first and the last."
*  Revelation 1:18 - "I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore."
*  Revelation 2:23 - "I AM He which searcheth the reins and hearts."
*  Revelation 22:16 - I AM the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

JESUS IS LORD OF THOSE WHO ARE BORN AGAIN





No comments:

Post a Comment