JESUS IS SO MUCH MORE THAN A SAVIOR
Because so many religions, including the vast majority of those professing to be Christians, teach that one can earn his or her way to heaven by good works, genuine born again believers have become "spiritually paranoid" about religious works; none dare discuss discipleship or the fact that Jesus is The Creator (Jn. 1:1-2; Col. 1:16-17; Heb. 1:1-2), The Son of God (Mt. 3:17; 17:5; 2 Pet. 1:17; etc.), and The Lord (Lk. 2:11; Phil. 3:20; Titus 1:4, 2 Pet. 2:20; etc.), with those to whom they share the Gospel! The word "obey" appears 69 times in 66 verses in the King James Version; 26 OF THEM IN THE NEW TESTAMENT! I wonder if any of these "self-appointed guardians of the faith," realize that the word "obedience" appears 12 times in 12 verses, ALL IN THE NEW TESTAMENT! While it is true that religious works cannot save the lost (Gal. 2:16; Eph. 2:9; Titus 3:5; etc.), it is abundantly clear that born again believers are called upon by God to walk in obedience to our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ (Jn. 13:13).
NEW TESTAMENT VERSES CONTAINING THE WORD "OBEDIENCE"
* Romans 5:19 (KJV) - "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous."
* Romans 6:16-17 (KJV) - "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you."
* Romans 16:19, 25 (KJV) - "For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil....But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the Prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith."
* 1 Corinthians 14:34 (KJV) - "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the Law."
* 2 Corinthians 7:14 (KJV) - "And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him."
* 2 Corinthians 10:5-6 (KJV) - "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled."
* Philemon 1:21 (KJV) - "Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say."
* Hebrews 5:8 (KJV) - "Though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered...."
* 1 Peter 1:2 (KJV) - "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."
TRUST AND OBEY, THERE IS NOT OTHER WAY
TO BE HAPPY IN JESUS, THAN TO TRUST AND OBEY!