Friday, August 11, 2017

WHAT IS MORE SACRED THAN GOD'S NAME

GOD REVEALED HIS NAME IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

*  Exodus 3:13-15 - "And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.  And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:  this is My name forever, and this is My memorial unto all generations."

*  Exodus 6:2-3 - "And God spoke unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:  and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by My name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

*  Isaiah 42:8 - "I am the LORD: that is My name: and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images."

BUT GOD SAID THERE WAS SOMETHING MORE SACRED THAN HIS NAME

*  Psalm 138:2 - "I will worship toward Thy holy temple, and praise Thy name for Thy loving kindness and for Thy truth:  for Thou hast magnified Thy Word above all Thy name."

THE NEW TESTAMENT REVEALS THE IDENTITY OF HIS WORD!

*  John 1:1-3, 10-14 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  The Same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made....He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.  He came unto His own, and His own received Him not.  But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:  who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

*  1 John 1:1-3 - "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of Life;  for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us:  and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ."

*  1 John 5:4-7 - "For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.  Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God?  This is He Who came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood.  And it is the Spirit that bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

SAVING FAITH COMES FROM HEARING THE WORD OF GOD

*  Acts 4:10, 12 - "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom ye crucified, Whom God raised from the dead....Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

No comments:

Post a Comment