Saturday, August 12, 2017

THE "I AM" OF ISRAEL AND THE CHURCH

Most students of Bible Prophecy are aware of the fact that the Book of Revelation begins with the things the Apostle John had seen (Ch. 1), followed by those things which were occurring at the time of his vision (Ch. 2 and 3), and that the remaining chapters (Ch. 4-22) address those things yet to come (see 1:19, and 4:1)!  And, most also believe that because the Church is not mentioned in prophecy describing the Tribulation, Christ's Second Coming, and His Millennial Kingdom (Ch. 4-20), that the Rapture of the Church is pictured in John's being told to "Come up hither" (4:1).  

But I, being a slow learner, have taken nearly forty-seven years as a student of God's Word, to make the connection between the Lord being the "I AM" of  the Jews in Exodus, and Him being the "I AM" of the Church!   Note that the "I AM's" of Revelation appear in the same chapters which mention the Church being here on earth!  Coincidence?  No way!  The Lord wants us to know that the same God Who identified with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, also identifies with the Church!  Praise Him!!!!!!!  

Revelation Chapter One
[4] John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from Him Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before His throne.
[8] I AM Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the Lord, Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come, the Almighty.
[11] Saying, I AM Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last:  and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
[17-18] And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I AM the First and the Last:  I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
[20] The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation Chapter Two
[1] Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith He that holdeth the seven stars in His right hand, Who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
[7-8] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the First and the Last, Who was dead, and is alive;
[11-12] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.  And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith He which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
[17-18] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.  And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, Who hath His eyes like unto a flame of fire, and His feet are like fine brass;
[23] And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I AM He Who searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
[29] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation Chapter Three
[1] And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
[6-7] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.  And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith He that is Holy, He that is True, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
[13-14] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God;
[22] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation Chapter Twenty-one
[6] And He said unto me, It is done. I AM Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation Chapter Twenty-two
[13] I AM Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.
[16] I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I AM the Root and the Offspring of David, and the Bright and Morning Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment