* Exodus 20:12 - "Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."
* Deuteronomy 5:16 - "Honor thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."
* 1 Samuel 15:23 - "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry."
* Isaiah 30:1, 9 - "Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin...."
* Matthew 19:19 - "Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."
* Mark 7:10 - "For Moses said, Honor thy father and thy mother...."
* Luke 18:20 - "Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor thy father and thy mother."
* Romans 1:29-30 - "Being filled with all unrighteousness....disobedient to parents...."
* Ephesians 6:1 - "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right."
* Colossians 3:20 - "Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord."
* 2 Timothy 3:1-2 - "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful...."