WHAT DID JESUS MEAN WHEN HE MADE THIS STRANGE STATEMENT?
* John 6:53 - "Then Jesus said unto them, Truly, truly, I say unto you, Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, you have no life in you."
COMPARE THAT VERSE WITH THESE VERSES:
* 1 Corinthians 11:23-27 - "For I received from the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread: and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the New Testament in My blood: this do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death till He come."
* John 11:25-27 - "Jesus said unto Martha, I AM The Resurrection, and The Life: he who believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this? She said unto Him, Yes Lord: I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, Who was to come into the world."
* Romans 5:8-9 - "But God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him."
* Colossians 1:12-14 - "Giving thanks unto the Father, Who has made us qualified to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has placed us into the kingdom of His dear Son: in Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins."
"For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us!"
(1 Corinthians 5:7 - All Scripture is from the SLV)