Bible mysteries are hidden truths kept secret from mankind until they are revealed at God's chosen time. The word "mystery" does not appear in the Old Testament, but it appears twenty-two times in the New Testament. Here are fourteen important examples:
* Mark 4:11 - "And Jesus said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables."
* Romans 11:25-26 - "For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved...."
* Romans 16:25-26 - "Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my Gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began. But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith."
* 1 Corinthians 2:7-8 - "But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."
* 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 - "Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."
* Ephesians 1:8-10 - "Wherein He has abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He has purposed in Himself: that in the dispensation of the fullness of times, He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him."
* Ephesians 3:3, 6 - "How that by revelation He made known unto me the mystery....That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the Gospel."
* Ephesians 5:32 - "This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the Church."
* Ephesians 6:18-19 - "Praying always....for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the Gospel."
* Colossians 2:26-27 - "Even the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."
* Colossians 2:2-3 - "That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."
* 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8 - "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only He Who now allows it, will continue to allow it until He be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked one be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming."
* 1 Timothy 3:16 - "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, and received up into glory."
* Revelation 10:7 - "But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He had declared to His servants the prophets."
HOW BLESSED ARE WE THAT GOD HAS REVEALED THESE TRUTHS TO US!