THE RAPTURE: CHRIST RETURNS FOR BELIEVERS
* John 14:3, 28 - And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be also....You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved Me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for My Father is greater than I.
* 1 Corinthians 11:26 - For as often as you eat this bread, and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death until He comes.
* 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 - For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so those also who sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. For this we say unto you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord, shall not go before those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
* 1 Peter 5:4 - And when the Chief Shepherd shall appear, you shall receive a crown of glory that does not fade away.
* 1 John 2:28; 3:2 - And now, little children, abide in Him; that, when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming....Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
THE SECOND COMING: CHRIST RETURNS WITH BELIEVERS
* Matthew 24:29-30, 46 - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory....Blessed is that servant, whom His Lord, when He comes, shall find so doing.
* Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of Me and of My Words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.
* Luke 12:36-37 - And you yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when He comes and knocks, they may open unto him immediately. Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when He comes shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that He shall gird Himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
* Colossians 3:4 - When Christ...shall appear, then shall you also appear with Him in glory.
* Revelation 1:7 - Behold, He comes with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also who pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.
CHRIST'S TWO-PHASE SECOND COMING:
THE BLESSED HOPE FOR BELIEVERS!
A TERROR TO THOSE WHO REJECTED HIM!