Romans 10:9-13 says: "... if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, Whosoever believes on Him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Gentile: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Here are just a few of the New Testament verses which identify those who acknowledged Jesus as their Lord, also identied themselves as His servants:
* Acts 4:29 - "And now, Lord, behold their threats: and grant unto Your servants, that with all boldness they may speak Your Word."
* Romans 1:1 - "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the Gospel of God."
* Romans 6:22 - "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life."
* 2 Corinthians 4:5 - "For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake."
* Philippians 1:1 - "Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons."
* James 1:1 - "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greetings."
* 2 Peter 1:1 - "Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ."
* Jude 1:1 - "Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called."
* Revelation 1:1 - "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto His servant things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John."
* Revelation 19:5 - "And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all you His servants, and you that fear Him, both small and great."
Jesus asked, "...why do you call Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"