As for "everlasting life," that was a whole lot easier to understand. When a person believes the Gospel, he or she is "born again." From that point on, he or she has life everlasting. In other words, their new life had a beginning, but would never end.
There was only one problem: the same Greek word, αἰώνιος (aiōnios), is translated "eternal" forty-two times, and "everlasting" twenty-five times in the King James Bible! So much for a Bible College and Seminary education! I guess, if I am still confused and need to know when I enter His glorious presence, I will just have to ask Him! Until then, here are some interesting facts found in the Word of God:
* God's children, by faith in Jesus, inherit everlasting life. (Mt. 19:29)
* All who believe in Jesus have eternal life. (Jn. 3:15)
* Whosoever believes in Jesus, the Son of God, has everlasting life. (Jn. 3:16)
* All those who believe that the Father sent Jesus, has everlasting life. (Jn, 5:24)
* All who believe in Jesus, have everlasting life. (Jn. 6:47)
* Jesus gives all who follow Him, eternal life. (Jn. 10:27-28)
* The gift of God is eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom. 6:23)
* The gift God promised those who believe, is eternal life. (1 Jn. 2:25)
* And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son....These things have I written unto you who believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life....And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. (1 Jn. 5:11, 13, 20)
WHOSOEVER CALLS JESUS LORD, HAS EVERLASTING LIFE!