"My translation" is based upon these factors:
1. "Peter" is from the Greek Πέτρος (Petros), which occurs 162 times in the New Testament. It is translated "Peter" 161 of those times; John 1:42 is the only time it is translated "stone" in the King James Version. John wrote: "And (Andrew) brought (Peter) to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, He said, You are Simon, the son of Jonah: you shall be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone." "Πέτρος" is a proper Masculine noun!
2. On the other hand, "Rock" is from the Greek πέτρα (petra), is a feminine noun which occurs 16 times in the KJV New Testament, all of them being translated "rock." It appears to refer a huge boulder or boulders which can serve as a foundation to a structure, or serve to hide behind (Mt. 7:24-25; 27:60; Mk. 15:46; Lk. 6:48; Rev. 6:15-16). It also is used in metaphors referring specifically to Jesus Christ (Rom. 9:33; 1 Cor. 10:4; 1 Pet. 2:8)!
3. The closest "feminine noun" in context is Matthew 16:8 (KJV) which reads, "Which when Jesus perceived, He said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?" "Faith" is a "feminine noun!"
4. Jesus' offered the free gift of salvation based upon one's faith in Him; to those attempting to earn their own righteousness (Rom. 10:3; Phil. 3:9), His offer is said to be a "stumbling-stone," a huge rock large enough to hinder those who try to earn their salvation. See:
* Isaiah 8:13-15 (KJV) - "Sanctify the LORD of hosts Himself; and let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread. And He shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken."
* Romans 9:32-33 (KJV) - "Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the Law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed."
* 1 Corinthians 3:9-11 (KJV) - "For we are laborers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
* 1 Peter 2:4-8 (KJV) - "To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe He is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed."
JESUS, HIMSELF, IS THE "ROCK OF MY SALVATION!"