* Genesis 5:22-24; Hebrews 11:5 - "And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him....By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God." [Note: "Translated" is from the Greek μετατίθημι (metatithēmi), which means "to be transferred; to be caused to go or pass over." Enoch was taken up before he could experience death on earth below.]
* Genesis 7:11-12, 17 - "In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.... And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth." [Note: God's judgment fell on those below the ark!]
* Genesis 19:15-17 - "And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city. And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city. And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed." [Note: God's intent was for Lot to go up above the destruction of the cities of the plains, but He did not destroy Zoar because Lot was given permission to go there.]
* 2 Kings 2:1, 11 - "And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal....And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. [Note: It is quite possible that both Enoch and Elijah were saved from experiencing death, because they will be the "two witnesses" who die later in Rev. 11:7 - See Heb. 9:27.]
* John 14:1-3 - "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." [Note: The Rapture - up into the clouds - see 1 Cor. 15:50-54; 1 Th. 4:16-17 - is the event when the Church is caught up before the Tribulation occurs on earth.]
* Revelation 3:10 - "Because thou hast kept the Word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."
[NOTE: GOD RESCUES HIS CHILDREN FROM HIS JUDGMENT ON THE EARTH!]